Rexburg Yoga classes are held at Ballet Arts Studio
566 S 5th W Rexburg, ID
Map and Photo at bottom of this page
9 – 10 A.M. Every Tues and Thur
Ongoing every Tu and Thu for the entire year.
Payment can be at the beginning of the month to cover
all Tuesdays and Thursdays of that month,
$45 in person cash or check
or drop in price covers any individual class.
$8 in person cash or check
Looking for an evening class?
On Thursday evenings from 6:30-7:30 pm Leslie teaches at World Gym in Rexburg. You do not have to be a member, just $5 at the door.
General Info for Morning classes at the Dance Studio:
1. No childcare facilities, but we will work with Moms who want to split the cost with another mom and swap babysitting.
2. We have mats and props for your use and you can also purchase and bring your own mat. If you purchase your own props, you may store them at the check-in area.
3. Sometimes we give hands-on adjustments for the purpose of safety, comfort or challenge. If you prefer not to be adjusted, let the teacher know .
4. We will provide safe instruction and we ask that you cause no injury by working into pain or beyond your limitations. Ask for modifications and ask questions please. Teachers are trained in yoga and cannot give medical diagnosis or advice.
Tips and suggestions we have for new members: Etiquette and traditions of a group yoga class.
1. If you eat before coming, let it be an hour or so before class starts. We do so much stretching and bending that it can cause nausea if there is food trying to digest in the body.
2. Turn off cell phones and leave them in the coat/shoe room. If it is an emergency, have your cell phone by you on vibrate. Cell phones going off during relaxation pose is a big distraction.
3. Do not wear perfume or hair spray or heavily scented lotion. Some class members are sensitive to these smells and it makes practice uncomfortable for them. Putting lotion on your hands can also make your hands slip during postures like down dog.
4. Be on time. We recognize that there are reasons why some may not be able to arrive and get set up before class starts at 9 am, but if you are just late for no reason consistently, we ask you to evaluate that habit and change it. Late comers always disrupt the smooth flow of the class.
5. We have props to use at the studio and every summer all the mats get washed and dried outside, but if you become a regular student you may feel more comfortable with your own mat and props. Let us know if you need help in finding resources to purchase. You may store your things at the studio or take them home. We rarely have any problem with equipment being bothered by the others who share and use the building. If you do store your things at the studio, we will all just get familiar with who’s is who’s so new class members use the studio’s equipment.
6. Bodily functions: Digestion happens and everyone who has practiced yoga experiences from time to time gas and wind. It probably bothers and embarrasses new students much more than seasoned practitioners, so just keep practicing and know you are part of the “my body works” club. Sometimes the irresistible urge to cough comes upon a student during relaxation pose. Just sit up and if things don’t calm down in the throat, quietly step out of the room.
Linked here is a nice article from Yoga Journal that addresses these same yoga basics.
Here is a map to the Ballet Arts studio.